Looking for some fun ways to add romance to your relationship? Try these creative romance tips:
- Give your lover a dozen roses—with a creative twist. Give eleven red roses and one white rose. Attach a note that reads: “In every bunch there’s one who stands out—and you are that one.”
- Get your partner a wristwatch. Inscribe it with: “I always have time for you.”
- Attach a $100 bill or giftcard to a Victoria’s Secret catalog, along with a note to him saying, “You choose.”
- Identify that one pivotal event that brought the two of you together. Celebrate that event every year.
- Practice even-day/odd-day romance: On even days it’s your turn to be romantic, and on odd days it’s your partner’s turn.
- Following a bubble bath you’ve prepared for her, wrap her in a towel that you’ve warmed up in the dryer.
- Write your partner a love letter or poem on one sheet of paper. Glue it to thin cardboard, cut it up into puzzle-shaped pieces, then mail all the pieces. Or, mail one puzzle piece per day!
- Remove all the paper strips (that say “Kisses” on them) from a couple hundred Hershey’s Kisses. Fill a jewelry box with them. Wrap ’em up and present them to your partner. Write a certificate explaining that the slips are coupons redeemable for one kiss each.
- Doesn’t your partner deserve a trophy for being the “World’s Best Lover”? Trophy shops have a wealth of ideas waiting for you. Just think of the romantic possibilities of plaques, medals, ribbons, nameplates, certificates and banners. And they all can be personalized, engraved, lettered or monogrammed.
OUTRAGEOUS ROMANTIC IDEAS
To make a big impression, consider these outrageous romance tips:
- Visit a karaoke bar and surprise your lover by getting up and singing “your song” to him/her.
- Kidnap her! Blindfold her. Drive her around town until she’s thoroughly lost. Then reveal your destination: Her favorite restaurant, or maybe a romantic inn.
- Make a giant greeting card out of a big cardboard box, (such as the type used to pack a refrigerator).
- Does your partner love M&M’s? Fill a one-gallon glass jar with them as a gift.
- Want to jazz up the presentation of a special meal? Buy a little hunk of dry ice from a local ice house. Put it in a bowl of water and place it on your serving tray. You’ll create wondrous, billowing white clouds!
- It’s romantic—but commonplace—to eat dinner by candlelight. So here’s a change of pace: Eat breakfast by candlelight.
- Take your lover on a surprise two-week vacation to Paris.
- Many couples have “His” and “Hers” matching towels, but here are some other ideas: “His” and “Hers” matching silk pajamas, motorcycles, T-shirts, overnight bags (have them packed at all times), jack-o’-lanterns at Halloween, rocking chairs, Porsches (millionaires need love, too), heart-shaped tattoos, Christmas tree ornaments, tennis rackets, beach towels.
Gregory J.P. Codek: Citing Sources: [http://www.rd.com/advice/relationships/40-creative-romantic-ideas/]: [May 17, 2016]